Principal Scientist, DMPK
Storm Therapeutics is a drug-discovery biotech based at Babraham Research Campus, south of Cambridge, UK. We are developing novel first-in-class small molecule drugs targeting RNA modifying enzymes as cancer therapeutics, progressing our first clinical candidate STC-15 to human trials this year. Due to an expanding drug discovery pipeline, Storm is now looking to recruit a talented, experienced, and enthusiastic pharmacologist with a strong background in small molecule Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK). This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic small Biotech company located in one of the leading UK biotech hubs.
In this role you will provide disciplinary leadership for Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics across Storm’s project portfolio. You will work with project leaders to define DMPK and PK/PD strategy, have responsibility for all ADME/PK activities including translational PK/PD modelling. Storm’s projects are targeting new and challenging areas of biology with little or no literature precedent. In this exciting arena, you will be required to creatively apply your knowledge and experience to deliver high quality pharmacological tools and first in class clinical candidates. Storm operates a virtual drug discovery model and sources its drug discovery assays through a number of established external providers. You will work in a multi-disciplinary environment across internal Storm Therapeutics chemistry and biology teams, external CRO partners and leading academic groups.
This position is based at our laboratory on the Babraham Research Campus, but allows for a significant element of remote working if desired. Full or part-time applications welcome.
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD or equivalent experience in Pharmacology with extensive industrial experience in small molecule drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics
- Strong expertise in in vitro and in vivo ADME techniques, PK/PD analysis and translational modelling.
- A proven track record of experimental design and analysis in collaboration with in-house scientists and external collaborators
Key Skills and Abilities
- In-depth understanding of DMPK concepts and principles.
- Expertise in determination of in-vitro and in vivo ADME properties including metabolic clearance, metabolite ID, potential for drug-drug-interactions, permeability or transporter properties
- Experience of working with medicinal chemists to guide small molecule design
- Up-to-date knowledge of dosing routes and formulations
- Thorough knowledge of state of the art dose to man prediction models
- Ability to identify key questions and design, commission and lead DMPK studies to answer them
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
- Ability to assimilate and analyse complex data sets
- Experience in IND report writing is advantageous
This is a permanent role offering a competitive Salary & Benefits package. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and applicant details will be held in accordance with our Applicant GDPR Policy.