Director, RNA Analytics
Storm Therapeutics is a clinical stage biotech company with its research efforts based at the Babraham Research Campus, south of Cambridge, UK. We are developing novel first-in-class drugs targeting RNA modifying enzymes as cancer therapeutics. Our first candidate drug, STC-15, progressed into clinical trials in November 2022. We are now looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic laboratory manager. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a world class team in a dynamic small biotech company, named as one of Fierce Biotech’s ‘Fierce 15’ of 2022, in one of the leading UK biotech hubs.
Storm is looking for an experienced, dynamic and self-directed Laboratory Management Professional to manage onsite its laboratories’ day-to-day operations. The successful applicant will be responsible for the daily running of the company’s lab space and equipment, including chemical inventory and consumables, while upholding Health & Safety standards.
- Ensure effective day-to-day functioning of the labs
- Manage and maintain lab equipment, while ensuring relevant service contracts are in place at the appropriate level for each piece of equipment in the labs
- Keep an inventory management system of laboratory consumables and maintain stock levels
- Sample management and maintaining freezer inventory
- Take responsibility for shipping biological samples and other materials to contract research organisations and other collaborators
- Supervise health and safety aspects of the laboratories, including management of COSHH and Risk Assessment forms
- Ensure the effective operation of the laboratories’ waste management systems
- Raise purchase orders and arrange administrative matters for work with external providers
- Facilitate routine inspections to help ensure best practices are followed, such that the labs are presentable for external visitors
- Keep a log of suggestions to improve processes in the lab and arrange regular lab users meetings
- Perform lab inductions for new members of the lab team
Qualifications and experience required:
- Previous experience in a similar laboratory manager role
- Highly organised and proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and/or a database tool
- Some level of inventory management would be an advantage
In addition, you will be able to demonstrate a track record of achievements and skills such as:
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a track record of successful collaboration with immediate colleagues and external partners
Based on the successful applicant’s interests and qualifications, this role could encompass additional wet-lab support, e.g., help with sample/tissue preparations or tissue culture help
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the UK