Research Scientists - Oncology Cell Biology
Following the success of our recent series A extension financing, we are looking to recruit enthusiastic scientists to work in our cell biology team on target validation and/or translational oncology studies to support our small molecule drug discovery programs. The successful candidates will establish innovative cellular assays and use them to explore the utility of inhibitors of RNA modifying enzymes in oncology, understand mechanism of action, identify the most sensitive patient populations and develop biomarker assays to define them. In addition, they will use genome-editing platforms to identify and validate new drug targets to support our early project pipeline. Positions are laboratory-based and available at both graduate and PhD level.
Storm Therapeutics offers an industry competitive salary and benefits package.
STORM is backed by blue chip investors Cambridge Innovation Capital, Merck Ventures, Pfizer Ventures, Taiho Ventures LLC, IP Group and Seroba Life Sciences who share the founders’ ambitions to build a world-leading company in the field. To date, STORM Therapeutics has raised £30million of funding. The company occupies modern, well-equipped laboratories on the Babraham Research Campus near Cambridge.
Essential qualifications and skills include:
- Significant cell and molecular biology laboratory experience
- Expertise in working with cellular oncology models and cell-based assays
- Cell-based assay development and screening experience
- Knowledge of cancer biology
- Experience of CRISPR, siRNA or shRNA studies for target validation and mechanism of action studies
- Candidates should be legally entitled to work in the UK.
Desirable additional skills:
- Experience of working in cancer drug discovery, preferably in an industrial environment
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry or another relevant Biological Science discipline
- Experience of identification and monitoring of pharmacodynamic and patient-selection biomarkers
- Experience of complex cell culture models including 3D cell models / organoids
- Experience in working with RNA and analysing RNA Seq experiments
- Experience in oncology translational research
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Pursuit of the highest standards of scientific excellence
- Excellent organisational skills and a systematic and rigorous approach to work.
- Skilled in hypothesis-driven research/problem solving
- Result orientated and deadline driven
- Ability to work independently and as part a multidisciplinary team
- A positive and flexible approach to often changing situations.
- Passion for drug discovery
Apply to: email@example.com. Closing date 23rd September 2019