Industrial Placement Student - Biology
As industrial placement student you will be integrated into a multidisciplinary team of scientists developing and validating biological assays to support STORM's drug discovery activities. Working with our molecular and cell biology, enzymology and mass spectrometry functions, you will gain experience in mechanism of action studies and pathway analysis using state of the art techniques including RNA-Seq, ELISA, reporter gene and functional phenotypic in vitro assays.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Studying for a BA/BSc or equivalent in Biology, Biochemistry or another relevant Biological Science discipline
- Academic excellence evidenced through outstanding results during your A-levels / baccalaureat and degree course
- An enthusiasm for science and an ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of your subject
- Practical experience gained in a laboratory environment is highly advantageous
- Excellent organisational skills and a systematic and rigorous approach to work.
- Competent in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive and flexible approach to often changing situations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and as part a multidisciplinary team
Candidates should be legally entitled to work in the UK.
To apply please send a CV including cover letter to: email@example.com